This labor and delivery story is SO DIFFERENT than our first experience with Elodie! Luckily, it was also pretty short and in a nice controlled environment! Dr. Jin recommended we come in to be induced in order to avoid panic about making it to the possible in time. She kept promising that this baby would come in just a couple hours....
So we arrived at the hospital at 10 pm and it turned out I was already in early labor (which could have lasted hours or days...) It was busy in the hospital that night so I laid patiently in the triage room until they had a delivery room ready for us. At midnight we moved to the deluxe L&D room at the end of the hall with magnificent views of the East River and Queensborough Bridge!
After breaking my water shortly after midnight, not much happened until 3:30 am when I opted to speed things up with pitocin and an epidural. I wasn't in much pain at that point, but knew what was coming ahead! Michael and I both took little naps and at 5:25 my nurse left the room and said she'd be back in 15 minutes. Suddenly, I was in alot of pain and I had to wake up Michael. The nurse came back at 5:40 as promised and called Dr. Jin immediately. It was time to push!
And Ethan Leo Tyre was born at 5:52 am on November 16, 2012. He weighed 7 lbs 8.75 oz and measured 20" long. My first comment was "He's so quiet!" He yelped a little but just seemed so happy to finally be outside in the world! He is beautiful and healthy and so calm. And we love him so much!
Welcome Ethan Leo!
No comments:
Post a Comment